Route 236

This route originally ran from Leyton to Finsbury Park via Highbury Barn.  The section of the route to be operated on the day is as follows:
LEYTON GREEN, Hainault Road, Leytonstone Stn, LEYTON Town Hall, Ruckholt Road, HACKNEY WICK, Victoria Park Road (westbound), Well St, LONDON FIELDS Albion Drive (site of Dalston Garage). 
Journeys extended to: Queensbridge Road, Dalston Cross, Ridley Road, Crossway, King Henry's Walk, Mildmay Grove North (westbound), MILDMAY PARK Dove Road
Note that buses to Mildmay Park will carry blinds for Highbury New Park.  Buses will not enter the bus station at Leytonstone Station.
Main boarding points
Leyton Green (bus stand)
Hackney Wick (Eastway) (towards Dalston: stop L;  towards Leyton: stop N)
Mildmay Park (Dove Rd stand)
Route history
The 236 is one of the original single-deck routes operated when London Transport was formed in 1933, renumbered from 263A in 1934.  Despite passing Dalston garage, the route was run out of Tottenham and Leyton garages until 1971.  For many years it used the six-wheel single-deckers of the LT class, known as 'Scooters', until they were replaced in 1949 by new Leylands of the TD class, these being replaced in turn in 1958 by RFs, all in those days operated by a crew of two. 
The route continued with RFs until 1971, its Tottenham buses having (finally) been moved to Dalston garage in January 1971.  By this time, no other single-deck route in London used conductors and these last were to succumb to new technology on 16 April 1971, when the RFs were replaced by AEC Swifts.  Despite a succession of route changes in the intervening years, this route still operates between Hackney Wick and Finsbury Park, well over 70 years serving the residential roads of the area.
To mark the involvement of Leyton Garage in the operation of the 236 for 55 years from 1934 to 1989, the Easter Sunday service will start from the garage at Leyton Green.
Full history here.