1952 saw the introduction of the first Central Area RFs.
Deliveries were rapid - nearly 100 buses in four months
- and they swept away the most of the LT Scooters and made
inroads into the 5Q5 class. Seven routes were
converted (with a few weekend exceptions) in the short time between
the RF's first operation on 11 September and the end of the
RF467 is seen at Finsbury
Park Wells Terrace
when brand new in 1953. The
was the first RF route, starting in
September 1952, but RF467 was one of the second batch of buses
delivered to Muswell Hill garage for the 212
a few months later.
By the end of 1952 122 RFs had been delivered to garages at
the rate of more than one a day.